Eggplant Vegetables Bake
1 eggplant, cubed
1. Soak the cubed eggplant in boiling water to cover for 30 minutes.
1 tomato, sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced and separated into rings
1 yellow pepper, sliced into rings
a few whole cloves of garlic, peeled
1 cup vegetable broth (or water)
3 to 4 tablespoons tomato paste
hot pepper and other spices to taste
2. Make the sauce using the broth, tomato paste and spices. Add whichever spices you want to this.
3. Spread a little of the sauce at the bottom of a baking dish.
4. Arrange the eggplant over the sauce and pour some sauce over the eggplant. It is possible to add some soy cottage cheese and mix it with part of the sauce and use it here.
5. Arrange the rest of the vegetables over the eggplants so that they fill up the whole dish. In addition to the vegetables given, you could also use zucchinis, mushrooms and other vegetables.
6. Pour the rest of the sauce over the vegetables.
7. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes at high heat. Then, lower heat and cover. Continue baking for about 30 more minutes. This can be used over pasta or rice, or as a plain vegetable dish. It would also make a great Pizza topper.
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe