Eggplant Salad (version IX)
2 large eggplants
1. Slice eggplant as thinly as possible.
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon oregano
2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper, to taste
oil and olive oil, for frying
1 tablespoon lemon
2. Place in layers in a colander, sprinkling salt between layers. Put a weight on top and let sit 1 hour.
3. Rinse well and dry in paper towels.
4. Fry in batches in oil and olive oil until brown.
5. Prepare dressing : Stir together 1/2 cup olive oil with salt, pepper, oregano, bay, minced garlic, 1 tablespoon vinegar and 1 tablespoon lemon.
6. As slices are browned, transfer them to a paper towel to dry and then to a bowl, pouring dressing over them.
7. Chill at least 24 hours before using.
8. Sprinkle with chopped parsley (optional)
NOTES : Great with toasts.
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe
Alternate Versions of This Recipe: