Eggplant Salad (version IV)
1 large eggplant
1. Peel the eggplant, slice to 1/2 inch slices. Sprinkle salt on slices and stand for about 20 minutes, then rinse slices and dry. This stage is supposed to extract bitter fluids from the eggplant.
1/2 cup flour
1 medium onion
1 clove garlic
3 hard boiled eggs
1 tablespoon salt
pinch of pepper
2 hard boiled eggs
2. Put flour on plate. Cover each slice on both sides with flour, and fry. Remove fried slice to a paper towel to soak excess oil. Fry chopped onion in same oil.
3. Chop eggplants (preferably in meat grind). The key word here is - don't make a mash. Grind also garlic and eggs.
4. Mix eggplants, eggs, garlic, fried onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Before serving, garnish with hard boiled egg slices, tomato "roses", black olives, chopped parsley.
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe
Alternate Versions of This Recipe: