Eggplant Pizza (version II)
2 pounds eggplant
1. Slice eggplant and put on greased cookie sheet or jelly pan, bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
1-1/2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon marjoram leaves
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
3-1/3 tablespoons salad oil
1 medium onion, chopped
15 ounces tomato sauce
6 slices jack or mozzarella cheese
2. In frying pan, combine onion, garlic, mushrooms, pepper and salt, spices.
3. Stir in tomato sauce. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
4. Spoon on eggplant and top with cheese and sprinkle with parmesan.
5. Put under broiler until cheese melts.
The recipe did not disappoint. Excellent!
Zvi, Location not stated.
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe
Alternate Versions of This Recipe: