Eggplant and Noodle Casserole
8 ounces medium egg noodles, uncooked
1. Prepare noodles according to package directions. While noodles are cooking, dip each slice of eggplant into egg substitute, then into bread crumbs. Coat each side well.
4 ounces part skim mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced, and divided
1 eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
1/2 cup egg substitute
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1 16 ounce can tomato sauce low-sodium
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/3 divided cup parmesan cheese
2. Spray a cookie sheet with vegetable cooking spray. Place eggplant slices on cookie sheet and place under broiler for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
3. Preheat oven to 375º F.
4. In a medium bowl, combine tomato sauce, garlic powder, pepper and oregano.
5. When noodles are done, drain well. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
6. Place a layer of eggplant in bottom of baking dish. Layer half the noodles, followed by half the tomato mixture.
7. Sprinkle half the Parmesan cheese and half the mozzarella cheese on top.
8. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and top is lightly browned.
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe