Chinese Noodle Salad
For the Marinade
1 large aubergine (eggplant)
7 tablespoons dark sesame oil (or 1/2 sesame, 1/2 olive oil)
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
7 tablespoons soy sauce
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
8 spring onions, chopped
For The Main Bit
1 packet chinese noodles, 8 ounces
1 packet bean sprouts
a few mange-touts (sugar snap peas) and carrots
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
1. Pierce the aubergines in several places with a fork and bake in the oven at 200° cup for 20 - 30 minutes, turning halfway through. Leave to cool.
2. Mix the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, salt, spring onions and chopped coriander in a bowl.
3. Cook the noodles briefly in boiling water with the bean sprouts, drain and rinse in cold water.
4. Add half the marinade to the noodles and bean sprouts and set aside.
5. Peel the skin off the aubergines, cut them in half lengthwise and tear into long strips. Add to the remaining marinade with the garlic and ginger.
6. Cut the carrot into thin diagonal slices and blanch in boiling water with the mangetout peas for 1 - 2 minutes. Rinse in cold water.
7. When you're ready to serve, toss the aubergine with the noodles and half the sesame seeds. Serve with the vegetables and remaining sesame seeds sprinkled on top.
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe