Roasted Eggplant with Mozzarella and a Balsamic Glaze
1 large eggplant, cut lengthwise into four 1/4-inch thick slices
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
3 tablespoon olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 cups good quality balsamic vinegar
1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
1 bunch fresh oregano, finely chopped
2 cups mesclun greens
2. Place eggplant slices on an oiled baking sheet. Brush each slice with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Bake for 25 minutes.
4. Place the vinegar in a small saucepan and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat and continue to cook until the vinegar reduces and becomes syrupy, measuring about 1/3 cup.
5. Remove the eggplant from the oven and let cool. Stack the eggplant one layer at a time, alternating with cheese and fresh oregano, finishing with a fourth layer of eggplant.
6. Return to oven and bake for 10 minutes. Immediately cut each eggplant into four equal portions crosswise.
7. Place each portion on a plate with mesclun greens tossed lightly in a vinaigrette. Drizzle the eggplant with the balsamic glaze.
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe