Melitzanokeftethes Kroketes Eggplant Croquettes
1. Wash the eggplants and pierce in several places with a fork. 2. Boil in lightly salted water until tender; drain well.
oil for frying
1-1/2 cups bread crumbs
1/2 cup kefalotiri cheese, grated or 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
3. Remove skin and mash the pulp; measure it.
4. Mix 2 cups. of eggplant pulp with the amount of ingredients listed above and blend well.
5. Shape into croquettes or patties.
6. Roll in cracker meal, and fry until golden brown.
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe