Marinated Tempeh and Vegetable Kebabs
1 packet tempeh, defrosted and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1. Thread the tempeh and vegetables on to skewers in any order you choose, though it is preferable to use either mushrooms or cherry tomatoes at the beginning and end of each skewer. (These help the kebabs to retain their shape as well as lifting the other vegetables slightly clear of the rack, so minimizing the risk of scorching.) If you are using the cloves of garlic, position these in the middle of each skewer.
12 small button mushrooms
12 yellow or red cherry tomatoes or 6 small, halved tomatoes
2 medium zucchinis sliced into rounds
12 baby sweet corn
6 small thai aubergines, halved
6 cloves hot smoked garlic, (optional)
For the Marinade
2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
1 teaspoon ginger, grated
1 tablespoon clear honey
4 tablespoons shoyu (soy sauce)
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2. Mix together all the marinade ingredients, stirring until smooth. 3. Lay the kebabs on a large plate/nonmetal tray or any other shallow container in which they can sit in a single layer.
4. Spoon the marinade over the kebabs, turning to ensure that they are evenly coated.
5. Let the kebabs marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours, spooning extra marinade over them from time to time.
6. Place the marinated kebabs on the barbecue and cook until all the vegetables are tender, turning regularly and basting frequently with the remaining marinade as necessary.
Click Here to Comment on This Recipe